Our client is a global advisory focused investment bank looking to hire a Revenue Controller.
- Responsible for reviewing each client contract and determining the proper accounting treatment under ASC 606 for each fee type
- Work closely with deal teams to ensure revenue events are identified timely and fee calculations are accurate
- Manage client invoice process to ensure proper controls over invoicing and cash collections
- Ownership of the monthly US revenue and accounts receivable close process
- Execute the implementation of on-going process improvement initiatives, including shaping best practices, tool enhancements and driving a flawless control environment.
- Collaborate with senior leaders to produce a variety of high quality, weekly, monthly and quarterly reports that are used companywide for reporting, analysis and planning.
- Participate in the financial audit process as the primary contact for all revenue items
- 6+ years of Accounting/ Financial experience; CPA preferred
- Bachelor Degree required
- Working knowledge of ASC 606: Revenue from Contracts with Customers
- Prior experience managing revenue recognition and accounts receivable processes; experience with investment banking fee structures and contracts a plus
- Experience with a Big 4 accounting firm or large organization or a combination of both; broker-dealer experience also a plus
- Strong skills in organization, process design and documentation, time management, professionalism, leadership and delegation
- Proven effective written and verbal communicator with demonstrable experience in various business communication formats such as, presentation slides, executive summaries and in depth memorandum
- Proficient in Excel and Word; Workday experience a plus