Family Office Controller position available for the Founding Partner/Chairman of an Alternative Investment Firm. This is a full-time position offering flexibility to work from home. This is a key hire, the Controller will be responsible for all aspects of Accounting for the family office, including special projects, financial planning, bookkeeping and accounting.
- Sole accountant for the Family Office, this position will be responsible for all accounting matters and liaise with the existing team in place (estate staff and his assistant)
- Pay all bills to existing and new vendors, and create systems to integrate them into financial network
- Keep track/accounting of all expenditures by category
- Monitor all financial transactions, monitor all trust & estate accounts
- Monitor and check all individual bills and CC statements.
- Manage the G/L in Quickbooks
- Create new entities as needed ; set up new accounts or vehicles
- Assist in all accounting capacities
- Handle all tax accounting and information. Create cohesive systems around tax preparation and file taxes for Principal. This includes trust returns, & personal returns
- Interface with brokerage firms and financial people, ensure they have up to date statements, etc.
- Verify existing investments and ensure all paperwork is up to date
- Create balance sheets & income statements and proactively go over with Principal
- Handle all reconciliation of projects and negotiate minor contracts
- Serve as a liaison between all financial players on behalf of the Principal
- Qualified candidates will have similar accounting experience for a Family Office
- Previous experience working with Quickbooks
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision and comfort communicating directly with the Principal
- This position is full-time hours, working from home with weekly in person meetings once a week at the Principal’s home office in NYC